Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day Three

Good morning PCPeeps! How is everyone? Hopefully you are having good morning so far.

Overcoming my primary school rivalry with jump roping was an interesting experience. Jimmy is going through it as well. Yesterday I jumped one of the sets of 50 without tripping, followed by a little (celebratory) dance in my living room. I started to enjoy them. Soon I will be doing double dutch with the kids on the corner of the block!

A coworker has a big homemade German chocolate cake to share for her birthday. During the afternoon I also passed up a myriad of baked goods. Ate some strawberries after the 8 haunting and make almond/date snacks when I arrive home. My sweet tooth and portion control will definitely be my biggest challenge. I grew up learning to finish all the food on my plate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morning: 2 strawberries
5 mint leaves
liquid greens

Noon: 2 cups spinach/mixed greens, 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, 1.5 tbsp dried cranberries, 1.5 tbsp couscous, 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, 1 tsp balsamic
1/4 cup pineapple

Mid afternoon: 5 dates, 1/4 cup almonds
2 strawberries
1/2 tbsp greens powder (this stuff is better than communion wine)

Early evening: 1/2 wrap with hummus, roasted red peppers, and grilled zucchini
1/4 cup sauteed spinach

Evening:
other 1/2 wrap
1 apple
2 dates

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

  1. I made it through my first four sets today without tripping and really started to enjoy it. The first day was a total embarrassment though. I think I tripped at least like 2 or 3 times a set. Still, I'm starting to find it a great way to get moving right out of bed.

    Patrick should start a PCP jumprope team. They would totally kick-ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you do the little dance in your living room because you did the fifty jumps without tripping? A little celebration? ;-) Anyway, good on you. There's no jumprope in my workouts yet. Likey because I'm a little closer to couch potato on the health spectrum. But I look forward to it. Hopefully my legs will stop hurting by then. Keep up the good work Shelly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap, I meant Shelby. See, my legs hurt so bad I can't even spell. Groan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries. Yes, it was a celebration dance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should record those celebration dances on your macbook. Then you could compile a whole montage and splice in photos from your flicker stream. Victory Montage!!

    ReplyDelete