Bring water to a boil.
Add 1 package buckwheat pasta and reduce heat to a simmer for 6-8 minutes uncovered.
Drain.
Rinse off with cool water.
Sauce:
Steam or roast one bell pepper and greens for leftover grams (I used kale). Let cool.
Blend red pepper with black pepper, a few leaves of fresh basil, fresh rosemary, a dash of cayenne and a dash of cumin.
Top pasta with sauce, mix in greens, and enjoy. This recipe required 15 minutes and is sweet in the taste category.
Sean, you can skip out of cooking the pepper for a raw sauce! Add a tomato for a sauce consistency. It will work just as well once you blend it. Even if you lack the spices, you can still make it and add your faves.
Homemade pasta sauce is great. I never ate pasta before PCP, so this is a new adventure for me. I never noticed how oils are unnecessary to food preparation until I stopped using them all together.
Before the PCP I thought I prepared most of my food at home. After a few weeks, I realized I ate out more often than I thought.
I am experiencing mental lows and highs. Undecided if the depression like symptoms are a standard human experience or situational. Sleep would help enormously.
I am unsure of the thumb positioning while using the resistance bands. Unable to zoom in far enough to see the hands.
Happy 22 everyone!!
Can you tell me which exercises are confusing? Sorry about the resolution, if I go much higher the file sizes become unwieldly.
ReplyDeleteMan, I was just thinking today that I really didn't know how to go about making a sauce without oils, and I kinda miss my pasta. Sadly, I don't have a blender... maybe I can find one cheap somewhere. This look delicious.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I found, about a week ago, that I was also feeling noticeably down. It seemed to me to be very similar to the kind of detachment I frequently felt during, and especially after, Peace Corps. I think it is a normal human response to as drastic a change (and one that requires changing how we look at a lot of things) as we are putting ourselves through now. Compound this with the fact that while we have eachother on these blogs for support, in physical proximity, we are pretty alone in this experience.
But I believe we will all come out of this experience for the better. As uncomfortable as it is now, let that discomfort be part of the experience, let it be one of the things that reminds you that you are alive.
That's just my take on it. Hope it helps.