Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 19: Class

Its midnight fifteen but workout is complete!

Yesterday a friend commented on my appearance, "Wow! I your arms are toned, and you look great!" It was nice to hear from the person closest to me in the city, who at first was very hesitant about the program. I am starting to see the changes in my body, but very gradually. I experienced kick-ass mode a few times and felt super strong but have procrastination periods as well, such as today.

During yoga class this evening, I noticed how much stronger I am during inversions. I also noticed that my balance took a hit because I have not been practicing daily. It was a fun class.

I need to prioritize sleep more than anything right now. That has been my biggest hurdle during the past few weeks.

4 comments:

  1. As your body changes, as muscle replaces fat, your center of mass will shift around a bit, making balance poses a bit janky at first.

    My balance is absolutely horrendous in the evenings. Does that happen to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly haven't done any yoga since PCP started. I was only just getting into it, so I hadn't formed the habits yet. I'm hoping to go to a glass again this week, just a "beginner level" one though as I don't want to overwork myself on top of PCP. The regular yoga classes I jumped into were awesome, but man did they kick my ass.

    Also, more sleep is more better. I found myself creeping back into my late night habits this weekend and it really sapped some of my motivation this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby,

    I used to struggle with sleep quite a bit. I had to realize that staying up late completely sabotages me. When I stay up late, not only am I physically sluggish, but as you have observed, you no longer have the energy or willpower to do anything with much effort.

    Going to sleep early and getting up early has caused me to be much more energetic and productive. It's nearly impossible to stick to the same sleep schedule on weekends when going out with friends, but forcing a reset for the week will help you get things done and feel better about how you spend your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you with the kick-assery and the procrastination. I've been told that it helps to do your workout at the same time everday (assuming you have time). I've been doing this for a couple of days and it's been helping so far.

    ReplyDelete