Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day 16

Peak exercises, yoga, food prep, work, and relationships have been a balance challenge in the past week. I value both relationships and independent time and am taking a little from both to adjust. Slacking on carving time for much yoga and meditation and I need to avoid scheduling weeknight outings during the PCP.

Until I begin to see signs I am burning out, I only keep reduction of outside activity in my mind as an intention, not an action. Yesterday, I felt the repercussions and I slept for 3 hours after work. I went to yoga studio last night for an hour and a half class. Today, I feel much better but am starting to crash a bit. Post work nap....mmm.. I can feel my blanket already. It's, so, comfy.

Exercise is going well. I am far from full pull ups or push ups, but they are progressing at an alright pace.
Stairs: 412
Bike: 2 miles

Poached egg with Hot sauce
Bring a pot of water to a boil.
Crack egg into pot.
Cook as long as you would like past 2 minutes (runny) or well done (10 minutes).

Flash steam spinach, just to reduce the raw edge.

Plate.

Add homemade hot sauce on top.
-1 tsp rice vinegar, a dash of cayenne pepper, mixed.

4 comments:

  1. The PCP has cut into my meditation time as well. Kind of a drag. I fit in as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having trouble with push-ups and pull-ups too? God, what a relief. I'm having trouble with those too. And hear I thought everyone was pumping away at these except me. I feel a bit better now. I know what you mean by burn out too, The PCP is like a second job. It seems the only time I get a break is Sunday where we just jumprope. "And on the seventh day, he rested...after 1000 jumps."

    Take care, Shelby, you master chef you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up on the pull-ups, the push-ups should come in just a week or two more. The pull-ups may take longer. Most people have almost no muscle on their backs. Yoga is especially poor at adding this muscle. Keep going. Your posture will improve, you'll feel awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try the egg thing tonight. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete