Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 24: Curried Wheatberries

Apple Peakberry Curry:

1/2 cup wheatberries
1/2 cup barley
8 leaves basil
2 tsbp chopped rosemary
1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of tumeric
Pepper

25 grams of chopped apple (seperate)

Soak an hour and boil millet and wheatberries, with 1 and 1/2 inches of water above grain line. Stir. Cook for 50 minutes.

Transfer to bowl and let cool. Add all ingredients above.

Measure out alloted carb and add 25 grams of apple (from fruit snack amount) to the serving.

Over and out-

6 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious... though I'm a bit wary after my last failed attempt at barley *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't really know what a freakin wheatberry is. They certainly don't have them 'round here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will send you some. They are so cheap here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yo.

    I am totally stealing this recipe.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops that last blank should say Tumeric.

    ReplyDelete