...the District beams sunshine and casts a punchy breeze on the wee hours. I wake up with a slight smile, thinking about how my life will shift in the next 90 days.
3 deep breaths before rising from bed.
Post my PCP picture bright and early after 20 minutes of asana and 5 minutes of seated meditation. I practice outside in the morning for the first time in years, it significantly changes how I am able to center myself throughout the day.
Sit-ups for day one workout: complete!
During the lunch break: ten minute walk, 5 minute seated meditation, 5 rounds of 50 kalalbhati breaths, and 7 flights of stairs back to the office.
After work: 15 minutes of meditation and warm-up yoga, 90 minutes of yoga class, 30 minutes of Shavasana meditation, 1.5 mile walk home from the studio.
Before bed: Jump rope sets, squats, and push ups: complete!
----------------------------------------------------------------
For breakfast I drink morning greens. Nothing compares to the real thing, but its better than a croissant. Powdered greens are WD40 for my stomach when it creaks.
Mid-morning: mint from the garden, 5 leaves.
2 strawberries
half of a kiwi
Noon: salad greens with 5 walnut halves , 3 crimini mushrooms, and herbs
1/4 cup of mashed sweet potatoes with cinnamon and nutmeg
1 slice mango
Mid afternoon: powdered greens
Post yoga class: 1 one inch thick slice of watermelon, half diameter
1/3 cup of pecan/macadamia/ Brazilian nut mix
Evening: 1/2 cup packed raw kale
Not very hungry today due to all the adrenaline, wait for it...
Sleep (Sun-Mon): 7.5 hours
----------------------------------------------------------------
Rode to the National Cathedral for a goth architecture tour on Saturday. Two consecutive miles were up a strongly inclined hill and I am loving the feel of sore legs 48 hours later. Ran a mile on Saturday and a mile on Sunday. Push ups, sit ups, and asana both days.
Hopefully blogging about this boisterous energy will allow me to connect back to it during the days I struggle. That feeling of first day of school excitement, paired with a small butterfly in the stomach, energize me for day number one.
New boots for a new path, both comfortable and supportive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"That feeling of first day of school excitement, paired with a small butterfly in the stomach..."
ReplyDeleteShelby, I think this perfectly captures the feeling of the first day of our PCPs!
Great writing...good luck, I will be following your progress...
ReplyDeletepeace ~ john
Nice first post and pics too - I know I'm going to enjoy reading your blog. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGreat post Shelby good luck!
ReplyDeleteIt was such a pleasure reading your post. Seems you manage your day very effectively. You motivate me to do more in my lunch break. Good luck with PCP!
ReplyDelete