Laurie,"Ohh my gosh, those look exactly like Doritos."
"Ohh my gosh, those smell exactly like Doritos."
"They taste like Doritos! That's awesome."
This one goes out to Sean Anderson!
My friend and I had a blast making these.
2 tsp Mexican spice mix.
1 tsp Nutritional Yeast
dash of cumin
1/2 tsp sesame oil (or olive oil)
3 corn tortillas, cut into pie triangles.
Place tortillas in a bowl, add schmigin of oil and coat. Add spices. Pop them in the oven at 375 until crisp.
Skip the nutritional yeast if you don't have any. It like vegan MSG but with all the B vitamins. Seriously, it's like crack.
Check that there is no salt or chemicals in the spice mix and in the tortillas.
Oh, my god. OH MY GOD!! I am so trying this! Okay, have to go shopping! HAVE TO GO SHOPPING! Shelby, thanks so much! I will post my attempt once I do it, but first I gotta figure out where to get all this around here. I'll keep you posted. I'm going to squeal like a school girl now. EEEEEEEEEEE!!!
ReplyDeleteI had the opportunity to try nutritional yeast used as a popcorn seasoning a few weeks back and was rather impressed! Personally, I'd be watching out for sulphites in the spice mix... otherwise I'd be down for the count with a fever/headache *laughs*
ReplyDelete