-------------------------------------------
Morning: Carbs: Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereal, Original
Dairy: Seven Stars Farm Low fat, Plain Organic Yogurt
Veggie: Steamed beets
Protein: 1 pouched egg
Morning snack: Fruit: Blueberries and kiwi
Lunch: Carbs: Quinoa, lime, dill
Protein: Broiled Tuna Steak
Veggie: Bok Choy
Mid-Afternoon: Fruit: Peach
Dinner: Carbs: Yams with cinnamon and nutmeg
Protein: Broiled lemon Halibut with rosemary
Veggie: Sauteed spinach, mix't greens salad
Sleep (Sun-Mon): 6 hours
-------------------------------------------
Quinoa Recipe:2 parts water to 1 part quinoa
Bring to a boil, then cover and turn down to medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Stir occasionally.
Pour into a bowl and add fresh lemon or lime juice and dill.
-------------------------------------------
Meat: I am going to be eating a lot of it, 14 times as much as last week.
::Makes macho muscle face and flexes::
Jumping: Focusing on one point, about 4 feet away and eye level, helps my posture and concentration during the jump rope sets. Aphex Twin and Django Reinhardt complete the equation.
Resistance bands: I was unable to do a full motion of the davinci. My arms extended to about a foot and half away from my body, then stopped. I noticed the band is not loose like in the photo example while standing erect, but rather is extended with my arms full length toward the floor. I am either too tall for my bands, or the resistance weight is too high.
Pull Ups: People walking their dogs encourage me with a sympathetic chuckle paired with the, "You can do it!" head nod.
Jumps: 600
Legs: 4x17
Back: 3x5
Chest: 4x6
Biceps: 3x11
Shoulder: 3x12
Abs: 3x17
Upward Stairs: 192
Bike: 2 miles
Asana: 15 minutes
smile.
=Over and Out=
Yeah sounds like you should get another band. Its actually quite useful to have two, one for "short" exercises like curls, one for the big movements like Davinci.
ReplyDeleteAlso you can stand on the band with only one foot to give yourself more slack during the Davinci.
What poses are you doing in your practice?
Perhaps I should also get a lighter tension band also, as I similarly cannot do the full Davinci... that sounds oddly inappropriate. The one I currently have is a 15lb band. Also I got home to find out that someone had ganked the door attachment it claimed to have in the box.
ReplyDeleteI am going to try the Quinoa. Sounds great and would have complimented the Chicken I made today.
ReplyDeleteShelby, thanks so much for offering to help me out. I'll keep a close eye on your blog for some great cooking ideas. I hope everything is going well with your PCP. By the way, outside this blog, do you do some writing yourself?
ReplyDelete