Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day four

Bah-zing! Coffee is a hell of a drug. Drank a half cup mid-morning and feel much better than a few hours prior. My 10 AM hunger subsided with a few cucumber slices, my mind is clear, and I can feel my skin breathing like in Corpse Pose. Coffee has never appealed to me, but today I want to hug it and buy it flowers. I am undecided if PCP is the time to start supplementing the body's energy with caffeine after so long. More sleep and powdered greens would be the better choice, if I possessed the discipline to go to bed early.

12 hours after the half cup of coffee, I am zonked. Answer to my own question is that my body does not process it well. Excited that I can sleep until 7 tomorrow, even with enough time to do PCP in the morning. It's cold and rainy in the District. Come back sun, I miss you.

Walking the stairs everywhere is a stealthy adventure. Taking the elevator to the 2nd floor (first floor stairwell entrances are blocked in many DC buildings). Then when everyone departs and walking to their desks, I open the stairway door and walk up a few floors to my next destination. Okay, maybe I'm getting too into it, but it's peaceful. The stairs in all buildings, and the public areas, tend to be secluded from the mass crowds. It's a nice breather in a metropolitan city.

4 days without processed sweets has been a successful challenge. Strawberry season coincides beautifully.

Work out: complete
Stairs for the day: 260
Soup for lunch and dinner, salads, 10oz of trail mix, and fruits.
20 minutes of morning asana

1 comment:

  1. The worst dream I ever had was one where a doctor told me I could never have beer or coffee again. I've done 9 months without beer before, but I love coffee so dearly. It's like a hot life injection.

    ReplyDelete