Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Beets, Cabbage, And Life

Day Sixty-four.

Time flies when you're stretching bands. Hope everyone is doing great, coming up from your down, or chilling in the max spot of enthusiasm and grace.

Jazzed on the strength, posture, and progressing yoga. To be honest, I expected my results to be more developed by day 64. Reaching my peak form is going to require more time, past 90 days and beyond. This is a positive realization because it breaks down the mindset, and all too common expectation, to have access to instant gratification. It has also been a much different experience than my previous relationship with fitness through running, climbing, and sports. Recently, I have been impatient with the female form because my results vary greatly compared to the guys' in our Super Seven.

I have an equal balance of inner gender. The spectrum of benefits this grants is wonderful. I enjoy men's and women's activities and am able to fit into many social situations. The negative side is accepting the dynamics of a situation such as this one, which causes bio sex-based frustrations. I am able to physically keep up at day 64 with the awesome all male group, but my results are much slower.

I do know that I am much stronger at day 64. Riding my bike is easier. I use the highest gear while riding at cadence on flat ground. I am able to go deeper into positions while doing yoga, and my balance has improved on one leg asanas. I celebrate these victories.

Maslow concluded that simply being aware of the potential to have a peak experience makes them more likely to occur. Many people also say that by imaging your ideal body, or the exercise you are doing in maximum form, you are receiving the cellular benefit. Circling back to week 3 motivation, I'm in this project for the next month with drive. I am going to let go of the over-analyzing and lingering self-pity. I am ready to allow myself to succeed now.

=Big love and small victories=



Sometimes men and women look at themselves and see bliss
Through experience we tend to exist
That's through our past or our caretakers
The instance is in particular, so you need to recognize that
if you take all this away
and look at us at the end of the day
we stand great among creation

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya, B. That fact is that be just doing the PCP are you already kickin major sass! It's just the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, ladies have a very different fat storage mechanism. Be patient, and if you have to compare your progress with others, cruise through past and present female PCPers.

    We talked about some of this mind stuff in this weeks Zen is Stupid.

    You're doing great Shelby, don't get so focused on results that you lose joy at the gains you've made. (I know you're not doing that it was more for the people reading this.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH shit! This post is so win.

    A tribe called quest? Maslow? Hell yeah!

    Also, I totally feel pumped from reading this.

    And yeah, I also realized that I'm not going to reach peak condition by day 90 (or at least where I'd like to be which is probably this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMmf_Ibp-94)

    In any case, keep on moving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the monkey bar one looked so fun. im 1/2 russian, does that mean i can do 1/2 of that? oh word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you guys. I also realize I will not reach peack condition by day 90, but that's in terms of ultimate physical appearance. On the other hand, I have surpassed my target weight, my mindset in regards to health is drastically improved, and while I may not find peak condition at day 90, I know where the road to it is for the first time in my life. Sometimes the victories aren't always the ones promised in the brochure, but they are there just the same.

    On a lighter note, my favorite line from this post: "I have an equal balance of inner gender." I'm gonna put that one away in my writer's toolbox for sure.

    Battle on, Shelby!

    ReplyDelete