Friday, July 10, 2009

Keeping it spicy

Good morn dandy peakers and peakettes.

After reading the email from yesterday I realized how bored I was becoming with my food at Day 40. I feel split on keeping it spicy. I would like to be able to eat to live, keeping it simple and enjoying the whole foods for what they are without added spices. From the detachment point, this seems like an reasonable intention if I am focused on breaking a passionate relationship with food. This connection is always on and off for me, usually in a few week increments. Sometimes, I can completely control my relationship with food, sticking to fruits, veggie, and grains, not to concerned about making them more glam than they are. Other times, all I can think of is a cookie or something else to satisfy my passion tooth. It tends to depends what else is happening in my life. If I am centered, joyful, and on a smooth path, usually the former fits my habits. Adversely, if my life has some loose ends, bumps, and I am stressed more than normal, healthy food is not appetizing. My hypothesis is that eating is the one thing I can control if other aspects are less than ideal. I intend to focus on the beneficial decisions, even when my senses are whispering otherwise.

Below is a good wrap I made this morning to mix up my breakfast. It catered to my passion tooth and was also easy bring along on the morning commute.

= Big love and small victories to you =

Smoked Salmon Wrap

1 Sprouted grain wrap (Ezekial)
Smoked salmon
Cucumber spears
1 poached egg
Frisee
Tomato
1 tsp Capers
1 Tbsp yogurt
dill

2 comments:

  1. That looks amazing. I'm going to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frisée and capers sure are nice touches Shelby. Much respect. I go back and forth with the need for strong flavor too. However, I always feel good when I eat the simple stuff, especially waking up in the morning feeling fresh and light.

    ReplyDelete