Monday, July 6, 2009

Fosterly fantastic! Fresh figs

Day 36!

Bright and sunny in the district with a summer breeze. The standard ice breaker in a temperate climate is always the weather. Still finding a balance of PCP workout/ going to yoga classes/ my own asana and meditation practice. All and all, I think its going well so far. I do not go to class if I am tired, but if I have the energy and time for a nap, I will head to the studio.

Yesterday felt like a milestone because I was feeling energetic and just kinda rockin' it. My arms are burning, which is great, I generally enjoy the feeling of being functionally sore.


--------------------------------------------

I brought fresh box of figs and ate them this morning. They tasted so different than dried ones! Probably as different as any dried fruit compared to the real thing. I like them both for different reasons; fresh is easy to digest, sweet, and more for food per serving, dried is a burst of sugary flavor and almost tangy. I placed a check next to them in my mental list of things to I would like to try. Yum. Next up, fresh dates? Water from a baby green coconut while on the beach? The possibilities are boundless!

---------------------------------------------

All three sets of plank for 40 seconds. Wha whoo!

8 minute abs is pretty amazing. I can't decide which I like better, the original video or the ones that show up as the next highest search, "How to make fake abs," and, "23 sexiest seconds of 8 minute abs." I was only able to get through the first 30 seconds of the former video, the host was a bit much for me, but the latter one was pretty hilarious.

2 comments:

  1. "Boom! Right there! Give it to me!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the spoof by youtube user communitychannel on how to make fake abs?

    ReplyDelete