Monday, July 27, 2009

Cereal killa

When I was tyke I ate so much cereal, it poured out my ears. I love(d) it so dearly, that it was a bordeline addiction at one point. I stopped eating it about 4 years ago because I had issues with portion control. Although my weight was healthy, I knew eating a 4 bowls in one sitting may be too much. Eating dried cereal was going well on PCP until recently, when having just a little bit more became alright.

It is so crunchy and good, yum. Now that the box is gone, I am going to avoid it from this point on during the Project.

A few days ago I started using cooked barley, instead of dried cereal, with milk or kefir. It is working out well and tastes like rice pudding. Now that I stumbled upon a good brand, I really enjoy kefir. I stopped soaking the grains before cooking them, found it wasn't necessary unless the goal is to sprout them.

Workouts are up and down. The motivation is definitely absent today. My whole life I had issues with rules and routines. As an adolescent I had a habit of breaking the
rules as often as possible, leaving just enough room to dodge authoritative discipline. Maybe I will write more on that later.

=Big love and small victories=

6 comments:

  1. I'm a total cereal junkie. Can finish in a box in a single sitting. Would eat cereal for every meal if it were socially acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1 for the cereal love.

    That being said I always thought Smacks was nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a sugar corn pop fan myself. I actually had my boss bring some to Japan for me when she went on a trip to the states. I look forward to some stories about your more rambunctious years. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Berry Berry Kix, Golden Grahams, Honey Nut Cheerios. Now I am good with granola and Grape Nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was a kid I consumed Cookie Crunch like crazy. Mini chocolate chip cookies... for breakfast. Afternoon was Rice Krispy Treats cereal. I was chubby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, I thought I was bad with cereal. Two big-ass bowls was my limit and then I'd get sick after that.

    I recently had some honey bunches of oats, one of my favorites, and it made me feel kind of sick. And I'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete