Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Thank you, but please don't cut off my foot and tie it to a keychain.

"You eat like a rabbit!"

People tell me this often. They say it in a way to offend me, but it makes me feel great. I respond, "Ohh. Thanks!" As a result, they usually look a bit unsettled or laugh uncomfortably. I love greens. Turnip leaves, wheatgrass, kale...

When I was a towheaded rascal, I received a parsley plant from my grandmother every year for my birthday and was the happiest kid on the block. I ate the garnish greens off of my sister's plate at the local steak house, which at the time didn't seem gnarley.

Rabbits are soft and quiet herbivores. The graze on their greens and take their time to eat. No rush. Just kicking it in the fields under the sun. At night, they hop to their holes and sleep on the cool dirt. Sounds like a clutch life.

5 comments:

  1. I should see if he's posted them yet, but my buddy took some pictures on our trip to KC. It includes one of me gnoshing on a cucumber in the airport. I was prepared to avoid crappy airport food and replace it with wabbity goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Jeeze, you eat like a rabbit!"

    "Really? That's funny cause you eat like a pig."

    Anyone have the nerve to try that one in real life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rabbits also have a great sex life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime someone seemingly criticizes what I am eating I just tell myself, "Yeah, you wish you had the dedication to eat like I am."

    We're all on the inside track with our "rabbit food".

    ReplyDelete