Ohh hey day 87.
When I was young, I was in band. Now I'm a different kind of band geek, one that prefers stetchy 1 cm diameter bands over heavy machines. They were fun though!
Anaheim's very posh gym was nestled in the back corner of the hotel spa area. It was as if they didn't want me to find it, most likely because it's a very small room for one very large establishment. I mean huge. The spa smelled relaxing and it made me want to sleep in the aroma. Upon entering the gym, I was greeted with a shot of cold air and techno music. I enjoyed the music during my workout, but the temperature was different than DC humid workouts or my Arizona dry ones. My muscles were tighter, even though I was still breaking a slight sweat after jump roping. I had a crazy successful jump compared to my usually sets: I just woke up from a nap, am on vacation, and people were working out around me in the gym. Usually I have a thick layer of sweat at this point. I admit, it was a nice, dryer, result, but it was less stimulation at the same time.
Sweat, champs, sweat! Work it out.
Each cardio machine had a tv and there was a main one as well hovering over the cluster. Each person was watching something, most without headphones or closed captions. I was the only one there when I arrived, and was the last to leave, with a steady flow of patrons in and out.
I tried some machines for fun, and they were okay. Brought me back to high school training days. Each required a few minutes to adjust properly. I attempted to try the ones that worked the same muscles as the workout sheet, so I could compare the burn. I definitely was able to reach one, but it was easier because it was strictly isolating each muscle and less of a full body workout.
Going to go hit up the neighborhood grocery store a mile walk away. I am falling in love with the SW weather all over again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh I hate the TVs for each machine thing. Just a few steps away from Wall-E.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you rocked the gym!