Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 85: Muscle High

There is a break-through point in running commonly called, "the runner's high." After running for the period of time required to make one truly struggle, you hit a euphoric point and receive a energy rush and can run like the wind. I have noticed it happens to me in yoga practice. I will be in an asana and gaging where it feels right. After struggling, I give into the position and feels good to hold it because I sever the monkey mind and my internal body syncs.

In the past few weeks it has happened during strength training. At first, muscle fail is a bit uncomfortable, working through the kinks, barely pushing through. After I give into the action, I max out and a energetic burst occurs. The remaining reps are stronger and more efficient, even though the burn is more intense compared to the previous reps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sisterhood

My sister, Dana, has played the a pillar role during the project. She sends me encouraging messages and walked next to me in personal rough patches during PCP. I am grateful to have her as a sister. My aunt and I have talked the past couple days and she has been awesome and enthusiastic. She has shown me so much love and support in my life. This project has been very lonestar, so it is nice to hear supportive words from family during week 12.

Brother's wedding last August:


Thanks snotface!



At day 85, I feel like it is the last week of camp.

Summer camp's last days are a slice sad, but are mostly 'squirt juice out of your nose' fun.

Body feels great, mind feels more clear.

==Big love and small victories==

2 comments:

  1. Super! Learning to dance on the edge of muscle fatigue and failure is one of the most important things you can take away from this. It will also improve your yoga tremendously. Most people at the first hint of muscle burn will back off or call it a day. But inside that pain is a whole world of subtlety and room to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family adds a different element to everyones program, I think. To some, they can be a source of negativity and disruption which slow your progress, to others they are pillars of support who give you that extra push you need to succeed or are feeling down. What a thing family is indeed.

    ReplyDelete