Thursday, September 17, 2009

Peaking. Conditioning. Projecting.

This project shifted my perspective on the way I approach training, drive, and support.

Strength training has opened my eyes to a new look at fitness. Training with body weight toned my body and provided me with the tools to take fitness to a new height. Daily tasks such as lifting heavy objects with ease, flourishing yoga asana, or holding out longer in an arm wrestling competition, all come together to bring to make a difference in my life.

With a strong body, I feel more comfortable in everyday life. The sciatica in my body is not active because the muscles surrounding the nerve are stronger, and therefore absorb the weight that is normally distributed on the nerve during yoga and cycling. When I stretch the target areas, it feels good from sore muscles instead of painful from damaged nerves. Pairing yoga with strength training has benefited each area as a result of the other, pushing and pulling each cell along the way.

Blogging and teamwork played the most important role in the project. There were three times where I would have stopped the project if not for the accountability to myself, as well as a member of a team. Knowing I was contributing to an awesome tribe, and receiving support from each member as well as a trainer, pushed me through the tougher crags and raised my momentum.

On day 90, I sat in the park and spent time with my sister, a loved one, and a snake. I couldn't ask for much more in life.

3 comments:

  1. You really rocked it Shelby, and gave us so many delicious recipes I'm still trying them out a month since you finished! Thanks for everything, it was awesome to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on what Patrick said.

    Your positive attitude throughout the entire project really helped me along as well.

    Keep on rockin, B!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm vert happy for you, Shelby. And, for all of us. We made some big strides in personal health and found a few friends along the way. I wish you all the best in your post-PCP life.

    ReplyDelete